Monday, October 31, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
1. My new iPhone arrived yesterday.
2. Grampin' is in town.
3. Our green Saturn station wagon is dead.
4. Wesley is giving us a run for our parenting patience.
5. Wednesday is Mario's birthday.
6. We had a yard sale on Saturday.
7. It is soup season which makes me happy.
8. Today I am ordering new glasses from ZenniOptical.com
9. Mario wants to buy a used red Cadillac.
10. We are going to the beach after school today.
Monday, October 24, 2011
The past two years my mother and I went to Grown Up Girls Getaway (GUGG) at Camp Ton-A-Wandah. This year we invited my aunt and my cousin to come along for the fun. To make sure that we could find each other in the crowd I knitted all of us these scarves on the way to camp. St. Simons Island is a LOT further away than Columbia, but it gave me a lot more time to knit along the way.
The scarves also became very useful as the temperatures dropped each night. All of this to say that I actually got orders for scarves and hats and those twisty neck things that I used to make last year. Our living room is currently set up as knitting central. A recent trip to Jacksonville = one airport guest arrival and a backseat filled with yarn!
Knitting keeps me calm and it keeps me happy. Camp seems to signal the start of knitting season. I made hats at Windy Gap, scarves at Ton-A-Wandah, and I'm looking out to see what this year's signature piece will be. There's a fancy schmancy yarn shop on the island that may give me some ideas, in the mean time I need to change to cotton yarns or find more northern friends.